(Fwd) Recurring characters

Aaron Yeater AYEATER at ksgrsch.harvard.edu
Fri May 5 08:56:54 CDT 1995

>I'm interested in the recurring characters in Pynchon's work.  Its always fun
>to find them in another book, like coming across long lost friends.  Of
>course there's Pig Bodine, bringing chaos where ever he goes and challenging
>the forces of control, Kurt Mondaugen, Bloody Chiclitz, am I missing any?
 >Lt. Weissmann of course.  Any others?  Any spec on their place in the grand
>design of things?  Do any recurchars show up in Vineland?  Comments, ideas?

>                     Ron Churgin
Porpentine, Goodfellow, and the other characters in the short story
"Under the Rose" reappear, though not necessarily named, in ch. 3 in
V.

i'm going to go back thru Vineland this weekend--it seems to me some
familiar names are mentioned, but i can't remember which ones.

aaron

"And my heart laughed: my name
a perfect snare, had trapped him."
      -The Odyssey, Book IX