all systems equal?

Paul DiFilippo ac038 at osfn.rhilinet.gov
Wed May 24 17:50:50 CDT 1995

If, as I said in a post way back, Pynchon has shown interest
in Buddhism, then this quote becomes relevant.  Robert Aitken,
a zen master resident in Hawaii, has noted this paradox:  zen
proclaims no distinction between good and evil, yet Buddhist
doctrine says we are all Buddhas, not all Maras (mara being
the evil tempter most famous as the final hurdle under the Bo
tree before Buddha's final enlightenment).
So--there you got it in a nutshell!

--
Paul Di Filippo/2 Poplar St./Providence, RI 02906/401-751-0139
"Real eyes realize real lies."