Pynchon genius

gravity gravity at tidalwave.net
Thu Aug 28 11:58:54 CDT 1997

I've always found the sheer bravura of meta and encyclo fict to
scream "Just watch me now!" (db) By its very nature, it is
writer/self concious and and adverstisement for the writer (see NM's
"Adverstisements for Myself").

On 28 Aug 97 at 11:44, Paul Mackin <mackin at allware.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Has Pynchon ever done anything to stake out a
> genius slot on the writing scene, besides just turning
> out good books? Does he need to, does anyone think? Is
> the p-list an adequate substitute? Are we his foot
> soldiers, secretly guided to action by forces unseen?
> Yep, it's gotta be this last.

AsB4,
Henry Musikar
(-::-)
Keep cool, but care. -- TRP
Moderation in moderation. -- Husky Mariner
DON'T PANIC! -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
What, me worry? -- A. E. Newman