MDMD(7) Questions

R ed Bug redbug at hyperarts.com
Sat Aug 30 10:19:30 CDT 1997

Andrew wrote:

>214.10 `Florizel and Perdiat' Possibly the name of a play,
>but I suspect Lalande is more interested in the ladies than the plot.

"Florizel and Perdita" was "A Dramatic Pastoral, in Three Acts" written by
*that* David Garrick (who was involved w/Ms. Woffington) in 1758

>209.21 `Pelhamites' phaps after Sir Charles Pelham who
>commisioned one of John Harrison's early clocks.

Actually, I think this refers to Henry Pelham (1695-1754), an English
statesman who took an active part in suppressing the Jacobite Rising of
1715. He became PM in 1743 overseeing the calendar reform and the
Jacobite Rising of 1745.

Tim Ware
HyperArts
www.hyperarts.com