Terrorism

Brett Coley bcoley at VNET.IBM.COM
Fri Jan 17 16:24:44 CST 1997


If a tree falls in the woods, and no reporter is there to report it,
then did it happen?

I was just reading a page that was making a case for a connection
between David Lynch's "Eraserhead" and the Unabomber.  I'll show you the
url if you'll show me yours:

  http://members.aol.com:80/thejman99/index.html

Interesting topic.  Would there be terror without the media?  I don't
know.  I'm terrified when I see the FBI in action, especially in regards
to plane crashes etc.  Oh well, probably suits their purposes to have
that "threat of terrorism" to defend us against, rather than nightmare
thoughts of random static electricity finding fuel vapors in a
near-empty center tank.  But then again, nothing really is random, is
it?  My spell checker thinks FBI should be "fib".  Hmmm.

And btw, I hope I'm not the only who gets seriously creeped seeing
that video of JonBenet Ramsey doing a Las Vegas Showgirl routine,
sort of a Bianca episode made real.

Regards,
Brett



More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list