tragedy of the PList commons

Doug Millison millison at online-journalist.com
Mon Jul 21 16:40:19 CDT 1997

I've been aware of pynchon-l for some time. I subscribed to the list this
spring because I wanted to enhance my reading of Mason & Dixon; the list
continues to add immensely to my enjoyment of the novel as I continue
through my second reading of it.  My hope is to contribute to the ongoing
discussion in a way that adds to the understanding of the book and of
Pynchon more generally, and to see the list remain a forum where people can
meet and help each other better understand this giant of 20th century
literature. I'm a newcomer to the list, and as such I defer to the
judgement of those of you who have been involved longer regarding the
moderated vs. unmoderated question. The list will be as rich and lively as
its participants choose to make it in either case.

D O U G  M I L L I S O N ||||||||||| millison at online-journalist.com
 Today in history (21 July):  1911. Canadian educator and social critic
Marshal McLuhan (quote: "The medium is the message") was born (d: 1980).