Fwd: A4/V2 Resource Site Update

Derek C. Maus dmaus at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 3 09:13:29 CST 1999

My new model for teacing understatement to composition students.

>From http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6039/start.html

"Walter Dornberger and Wernher von Braun were two men with a vision. The
drive, energy and resourcefullness of General Dornberger, mated with the
ingenuity and passion of von Braun, created one of the greatest
technological achievements of this century. The fact that this achievement
was the product of the ruthless regime of Nazi Germany and the fact that
many thousands of people died as a result of its production and
deployment, taint the image of what otherwise would be considered a
monumental triumph."

Derek C. Maus               | "What am I opposed to tell my customers?"
dmaus at email.unc.edu         | Swearingen said. "'Sorry, Washington says
UNC-CH, Dept. of English    | no more fanny packs for you; time to spend
http://www.unc.edu/~dmaus/  | your money on great works of literature'?