Pynchon knows this, I say. Sorta always known.

Monte Davis montedavis at verizon.net
Sun Jun 2 12:19:19 CDT 2013

“science has been and is
 an  essential element in holocaust, in genocide
”

(1)    Please clarify for me the role of science in encouraging or enabling
Turks to slaughter Armenians, Stalin to starve Ukrainians, Mao to starve
Chinese, Pol Pot to massacre Cambodians, Hutu to hack Tutsi, Efrain Rios
Montt’s troops to gun down Mayans, etc. Even w/r/t the Third Reich’s
“scientific” racism, rumor has it that the pedigree of murderous European
Jew- and Gypsy- and Slav-hatred predates Hitler, predates Chamberlain and
Gobineau, and predates Darwin.

“the Sciences are defining the fundamental ways in which we experience the
world by defining the world as we experience it.”

(2)    Please restate this in less tautological form.

“Science can not abide
 the man who makes a house of nature with an
extension of his hand.”

(3)  Please explain to the carpenter working next door as I type what, if
anything, this means. The poor ignorant fellow shows remarkably little
concern that the National Academy of Sciences, MIT, IBM, or the laws of
thermodynamics are bending their chill, pitiless gaze upon him.

That will do for now. If you can clear up at least some of the sheer
incoherent nonsense you spout on this topic, we can proceed to what’s merely
ignorant or mistaken.

Perhaps we can proceFrom: owner-pynchon-l at waste.org