AtD translation: a field of bells emerged into flower

Mark Kohut mark.kohut at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:33:46 CST 2019

As if it matters to anyone now, having learned that Venice is famous for
having lots of bell--towers---I, not knowing the city
at all but only that it was those islands, all that water, and good-sized,
did not think there were as many bell--towers as there are
that could easily make that image work. ....and 'emerged into flower'
seemed awkward not a perfect metaphor.

https://www.myveniceapartment.com/bell-towers-you-shouldnt-overlook-in-venice/

More research leads to it being hard to find the famous flowers referred
to, in linguistic shorthand, as 'bells' esp 100 years ago.

I now think I was wrong and Jochen right.

Mike Jing probably thought that all along and so it goes.

Thanks, Jochen.